Thursday 6 September 2012

HIM from "The Powerpuff Girls."

Earlier this year, I wrote a post about how much I liked the Lobe, from the Warner Brothers animated series "Freakazoid."  I still ADORE the Lobe, but I have discovered a villain whom I actually (very slightly) prefer, from the cartoon series "The Powerpuff Girls."  (Although "Powerpuff Girls" is a cartoon that I would not enjoy nearly as much if it did not have said villain).  For me, this villain makes the series, although I don't dislike (most of) the other characters in "The Powerpuff Girls."  This villain is the embodiment of pure evil.  One can hardly bear to say his name.  We can only refer to this villain as...  HIM.

Arguably, I saved the best picture until last, but these are just a few of my favourite images of Him.
He appears in a few Powerpuff Girls episodes and so far I have watched hardly any that don't include Him/HIM.
A few reasons why he is so awesome and amazingly evil:
1.He has an echoing voice, which can go very high or low, both forms of which are equally hypnotizing and strangely beautiful.  The voice actor of this amazing character is Tom Kane.
2.His schemes to destroy the Powerpuff Girls concentrate mainly on psychological manipulation, separation and or humiliation.  Eventually they will also usually involve monsters controlled by HIM.
3.He can grow to many sizes and he has many forms, but the photographs above show his most common form.
4. When not bathing, he usually wears a pink neck frill, a pink tutu, long black boots, a purple shirt and a large black belt.  A totally awesome (and marvellously camp) outfit, if I say so myself.

If I continue to talk about how awesome Him is, I will never leave my computer and I will probably die of thirst unless someone else brings me a drink.  As I had to stop with the Lobe, I must stop here before I write anything else about the wonderful villain, Him.

3 comments:

  1. Just loved the post u.u HIM is my favourite from powerpuff girls, and I only realised now that I grew up, that he's much more evil than he's supposed to be xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! :-) And yeah, HIM is amazing and sure is evil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They call him HIM, because it means His Infernal Majesty.

    ReplyDelete